Darmah gear selection issues

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
nob555
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Darmah gear selection issues

Post by nob555 »

Can anyone shed any light.My 1980 Darmah has problem with shifting from first to second,it struggles to engage properly(nasty noises)and is juming in and out of gear, however it is fine shifting from 3rd to 2nd.I dont know exact history of the bike and has been garaged for six years.I have replaced the usual spring and tried adjusting selector mech and reckon to have it about right,is there a common fault? was hoping not to have to go right into the box! superior advice would be greatly appriciated
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

G'day nob555,

I had very much the same problem with my Darmah after replacing a broken selector spring. I eventually realised the selector adjustment is very precise.
The difference between the bike not selecting gears, and then finally being right was only a very small amount of turn on the screw.

May not be the only problem, but it;s certainly the least costly to start with, so have another go at it.

Good luck with it

Cheers
Rick.
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
MitchB
Mariana

Re: Darmah gear selection issues

Post by MitchB »

Rick (or anyone) -

Can you post (or a link to) a definitive How-to on how to do this adjustment? I have an '81 Darmah just getting back on the road (after a long storage) that just today started shifting as described...
MitchB
Mariana

Re: Darmah gear selection issues

Post by MitchB »

Found some help others may need...

http://www.classicmechanics.com/news/ar ... part-eight

It describes re-assembly of the shifter mechanism abt half way through the article...

Cheers

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”