Help with tools...Sydney area

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Barletta
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Help with tools...Sydney area

Post by Barletta »

Hi all,
lookin to borrow, beg, steal, loan, rent, lease sprocket nut tool and sprocket holder tool, from someone in the sydney area. i can't bring myself to fork out $250 for tools i know i will use once....at this point in time until i get desperate. If you can assist that will be great, let me know what you would like in return (money, beer etc or just doing it out of the kindness of your heart). Also, i'm a motor mechanic with a few tools (besides the sprocket stuff of course) and i may have something i can help you with.
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

There is a guy in Brisbane that makes them, sells on ebay not sure how much but more like around $100 if memory serves me correctly.
Cannot check until Monday though
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Post by Steve Foster »

I think that this is the fellow that garryc is referring to.

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/discusprinlo/

Steve
1974 Ducati 750 GT
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

If you are handy with a cut off wheel and a file and you can find either a piece of pipe or a socket of the right diameter a tool can be made to fit the c/s nut. I've made a few spanners that way out of old sockets[the steel is better] to fit the odd Alfa injection pump. It is a bit time consuming to get the tabs right.You can use the end of the chain doubled to jam against the case to lock the sprocket.A thin smear of silicone sealer on the ends of the spacer behind the sprocket will prevent oil leakage from around the sprocket.
Barletta
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Barletta »

Thanks guys, ordered the set of sprocket tools this morning from Dave at a very reasonable price. :-D

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”