whale tale seat recover

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
sevicke
Mariana

whale tale seat recover

Post by sevicke »

any tips on how to recover my seat, I had it done but it looks like a banana which annoys me I see Steve had some covers made but don't see them in the shop. How would I shape the foam so it would have a nice square edges and look correct? What sort of foam should I use to get a comfortable seat? Any ideas.
JAR
Mariana

Post by JAR »

Road and race in Aus have them as well as demo-ducati in DE. The covers are very expensive for what they are, and fearing screwing it up and the costs of tools and sourcing the correct foam, had mine professionally recovered. It was not very expensive and I am very happy with the result. As for more comfortable, I am not sure that is feasible whilst still retaining the original profile. The whaletail is a triumph of form over function !
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

The whaletail is a triumph of form over function !
+1 on that! My Sport seat is more comfortable than my whale tail Darmah's. :-D
DaleMclean
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by DaleMclean »

machten wrote:
The whaletail is a triumph of form over function !
+1 on that! My Sport seat is more comfortable than my whale tail Darmah's. :-D
%^)
I am sure the fuel tank was designed for the seat :lol:
After 180Kms or so you hit reserve and NEED to get offf the seat :roll:
I survived :-)
sevicke
Mariana

Post by sevicke »

thanks for the tip yes road and race have then hope they are A1 have you seen one?. What about the indicator ligths for the dash do you know were to get them?

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”