Rear axle nut on Darmah...

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Rear axle nut on Darmah...

Post by mizike77 »

Anyone know the torque spec on the rear axle nuts of the Darmah? My whell bearings went bad,when I took the wheel off the nut on the sproket side was finger tight. Either the nut loosened up because the bearing got smoked or, the bearing went bad because the nut was loose. Now my new bearings are in and I cranked the nut very tight but it seemed to be too tight and the wheel wouldnt turn freely.I backed the nut off a bit and all seemed to turn freely. Now I would like to know the torque spec so I can tighten it properly.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

sounds like you do not have your bearings seated all the way down, so when you tighten up the nut[s] you put a side load on everything causing the binding............ maybe
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Spub
Mach 3

Post by Spub »

What Steve said, plus you might want to check the spacer that goes between the bearings inside the middle of the hub. If this gets distorted it will also cause a side load on the bearings
1982 Laverda 180 JOTA, 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona, 2010 KTM Adventure 990, 1974 Laverda SFC #17188

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”