electrical connectors

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
sevicke
Mariana

electrical connectors

Post by sevicke »

i would like to tidy the wiring on my darmah were the juction is made between connector blocks and wires some of my wires are partially broken or the insulation is missing, how will I repair these?
are new blocks available?
can i purchase the copper inserts seperately?
what have others done?

sorting the electrics on this machine would put me in darmah heaven
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Sevicke,

I assume you talking about the cables between the pickups and igniter boxes ? If so, these connector blocks are readily available so you should be able to get them at an Auto and Electrical shop, either in kit form with the required connectors, or on their own.
Your profile doesn't say where you are so it's hard to suggest a retailer in your region. You are on the right track in replacing your damaged cables as they will surely let you down in the future. My suggestion would be to go right back to the pickups and start from there. Steve should have all you need on his site.

Cheers
Rick
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
sevicke
Mariana

Post by sevicke »

sounds too good to be true Ill try the local auto electrical outfit do you mean the same type of connectors or just some generic type
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

The connectors are a black generic 4 post type, but if your connectors are ok, you can simply purchase the small spade teminals that go inside and replace your old ones as they are a very common terminal.The way to remove the old ones is to slide a very small and thin piece of metal IE : very fine blade driver or like into the back of the terminal (cable in side ) They have a small spring loaded tab that holds them in place and stops them pulling out when you seperate the terminal from the cable. The blade when inserted should hold the tab down and allow you to pull the spade terminal out of the connector block. You can then trim the old terminal off and fit a new one then simply slide the terminal back into the connector block. It will lock in once past the spring tab. Warning !!!! use a thin blade or you will snap your connector block. Our street sweepers in OZ have very fine blades, 3mm wide by about 1.5 thick that you find on the road from time. I have several of these that I have shaped and bent to fit as they are perfect for jobs like this.
Good luck with the project and keep us posted,
Cheers
Rick
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
sevicke
Mariana

Post by sevicke »

Yes it is true thanks a lot for the tip went to the electrical store and there they were brillant

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”