At last I got the Darmah running properly.

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
mcinj
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

At last I got the Darmah running properly.

Post by mcinj »

At the end of an extensive restoration of a 1980 Darmah, I was disappointed with the overall performance. The bike seemed fussy and backfired at the slightest provocation. It would laso not go above 70 MPH.
Not havoing much experience of the marque I thought that this might be the way things went with a high stung temperamantal desmo motor. I gave it one last chance and re-built both carbs again. When I was installing the front carb I just happened to notice the front plug lead resting on the exhaust pipe. The insulation was melted halfway through with predictable results. The bike is now refined idles at 1,100rpm solidly, and has been faster than 70 by a considerable margin. I guess the proverb is "Look for the obvious first".
Thanks for the help of the forum and Steve in completing this project, now if I could just find a pair of rubber bellows from the sir cleaners to the carbs, life would be complete!
Bruin.

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”