Daramh - Travel of throttle handle

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
lomax
Mariana

Daramh - Travel of throttle handle

Post by lomax »

Hello folks !

The throttle handle travel of my Darmah is not enough to open the 40 mm carbs the full way. The (Nippon Denso) handle was originally made to move the 32 mm carbs.

Any suggestion how to get more travel ? O.K. - I could purchase a Velicchi or Tomaselli handle / grip, but may be there is a Nippon Denso part from some japanese bike I can use instead !?

Cheers

Joe ;)
You are in doubt ?......ask a Kraut ;-)
Cheers from Germany
(Ducati 900 SD, Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 1200 Inazuma)
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

My Darmah has 40mm carbys also. My bike is fitted with a Domino throttle and it opens them just fine......
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Joe, I think if you take apart the throttle you may be able to get creative with some mods to increase travel. Increase diameter of cable winder or modify stop... Just speculation but maybe worth a try. Jordan
lomax
Mariana

Post by lomax »

Hi Jordan,

yes, that is what I intend to try first. But then it will be necessary to bend the wrist a little much for full throttle. :(

Joe
You are in doubt ?......ask a Kraut ;-)
Cheers from Germany
(Ducati 900 SD, Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 1200 Inazuma)
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

My dirtbike has an adjustable throttle cam. It is a simple swap out of the ramp in which the throttle cable travels on , on the end of the tube. Its a simple way of changing the feel of the power curve. Maybe you could adapt one to your throttle or figure out a way to increase the diameter of yours so that it would take the same amount of twist to open them all thew way up?

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”