Darmah Air Filters

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
garryc
Parallel Twin

Darmah Air Filters

Post by garryc »

Having read the info posted about breatehr hoses etc, How much performance boost is gained by running pod filters? I have been thinking about going back to the airboxes etc as I certainly do not overstress a 30 yr old motor cycle. If I am after that sort of performance I would probably get a 600 Monster. I doubt that I have revved the Darmah over 6 grand. I have just been on a 1500 k round trip last weekend and cruised along the highway quite comfortably at 120 130 kph.
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

air filters

Post by Lumpy »

I don`t know that the performance gains from pod filters would be that great at all Gary. I use them on mine only cause they are easy and convienient and I rekon they look kinda cool too. I suppose it depends on how restritive the originall air box is. The pods seem to be a very popular mod for the bevels. I don`t rev the rings out of mine either, too old , too poor, too dangerous............
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

It was said back in the day that the pods added about 5hp at high revs due to less restriction.We all believed it too, who had a dyno back in 76? Plus it made the bike sound a little bit less like a vacuum cleaner when revved.

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”