Small end replacement

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Small end replacement

Post by mizike77 »

While removing my piston, I scarred up my wrist pin bearing (small end bush?) and it will need replacement. How do I pop it out of the con rod and where can I find one? 79 Darmah
Jon
Diana

Post by Jon »

Getting them out is easy, just use a drift and hammer; be careful that you don't score the little end of the rod.

Putting them back in I would recomend taking them to an engine rebuild shop where they will heat the end of the rod to expand it and drop them in unless you are wanting to do it all yourself.

If you wnt to do it yourself and feel confident; put the new push in the freezer for a couple of hours, heat the small end of the rod (an electric deep fryier with 5cm of oil works or very light passes from oxy set) and push them together fairly quickly.

regards
jon
1983 900 S2
1983 Mk III Le Mans
1992 Honda VFR400r
1976 CB550f
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

top end

Post by Lumpy »

My experience with top end bushes is to pull them out using a long bolt, some washers and a socket. That way you pull the bush out with out having to hammer it or put side loading on the rod. ew ones need to be fitted and then reamed to suit the pin. I`ve never seen them sized and ready to push in. To ream them out you may need to disassemble the crank

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”