darmah with 40mm dellortos is it worth it?

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Many of the ticklers I've used need to be pushed a time or two to fully contact the float.They seem to develop a ridge or something on the shaft that hangs it up the first time it is pushed.Raising the float level makes tickling easier but it also affects the lower speed running by richening the mixture.I usually push and hold it until a dribble runs out and kick with a slightly cracked throttle.Haven't bunged my shin or bruised the bottom of my foot for a long time!
lomax
Mariana

Post by lomax »

Hmmmm.......I could count to 12 within 2 seconds or within 12 seconds or even within a day :shock: ;)

"normal" german counting to 12 will happen in about 4 seconds :) (just tested it)

Nevertheless - I adjusted both floats and soldered a SS washer on top of one tickler (to enlarge the concact surface). I did not check the starting procedure yet, but I think both carbs will spill over within 1 or 2 seconds when pressing the ticklers.

Bollergruesse

Joe
You are in doubt ?......ask a Kraut ;-)
Cheers from Germany
(Ducati 900 SD, Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 1200 Inazuma)
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

The Dellorto book provides the specs for adjusting the float level plus a handy diagram to show you how to do it.

With my SS I found that after long use the tickler plunger had created a small indentation in the float body of one carb. This hung it up on the plunger and prevented the float from returning to its proper level. Result: an obscure fault leading to very difficult starting.

Something to watch for.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”