SDD fully restored ..........LOL

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

SDD fully restored ..........LOL

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Hi All

I thought I have a bit of fun , my other special SSD arrived today at my place so the two complete bike I have at the moment and my restored SSD in the foreground :lol: :lol: :lol:

And here is the bike that came from the US anyone remember seing this somewhere not that long ago ???

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

restored ssd- sack your spray painter,he obviously didnt prep the frame properly.
you might want to have another go at rebuilding the wheels :roll:
looks like youve spent 5 or 6 on it (dollars that is)

whats the details (specs on that thing from usa )

keep chippen away
steve
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

Is that the Hailwood frame brace
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

LOL that is the side stand for the Mille

the other bike is an SSD that has been converted to an SS , Borrani 4777 rims the rest you can see it also came with all the gear to turn it back to an SSD. Price wise I did ok when the dollar was still high and going by what the rims alone are selling for made it even sweeter , I will clean it up and leave it as is makes for a different ride.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

hey martin ,
thats the go
itll never be an ss,that was 80's 90's thinking-buy a ducati & turn it in to an ss
looks like itll will be hard to revert to ssd
looks like a special to me
my initial thoughts are -never a fan of those big tail lights -go the early ss type
not into full fairing-hides motor
definitly needs new paint scheme

cheers steve
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Yeah I know what you mean about the fairing covering the engine , this is why my Mille is the way it is, the bike also came with a spare SS fairing and I told the Missus that is what I will use
The color is silver with red pin strips in full sun it does look quite good

I bought a SD a little while ago and it turns out that the front callipers are acutely (very thinly painted black) Brembo gold so I will have to try to get only the top layer of black paint off and I will have some Gold brembo's to add to it
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

once again you drift into front fork/brembo issues
:-D
what is the guts of that ting got

;) steve
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

as far as I can see its stock , but I havent even pulled the covers to have a better look at the engine ,it is elec start only so i would say its the SSD engine ,the number match my SSD's numbers as they are only 40 odd apart

got a sh!t load of other parts like genuine timing adaptor many new parts bolts fuel taps etc etc

Tell me , can you take a picture of a SS fuel tap for me and post it ??

cheers

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”