Ducati Import Figures - Australia are they correct ???

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Ducati Import Figures - Australia are they correct ???

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Started to have another look at those Ducati Import Figures - Australia- in the index section on the home page , and starting wondering, are those figures correct ? When you compare some of these figures with ifno from Falloon's books, it would appear that the index list is short by some numbers
eg; many years ago I was told that 147 MHR1000 (mille's not S2mille's) and in the index there are only 111 . Now I know for a fact that Brook Henry destroyed 80odd way back for his Alcomey project
Than there is the 900 SSD 78 /79 as its called there , but you look at the 80 it is now called a 900 SS Darmah with only 100 imports yet in Falloon's book there were a total of 300 odd SSD's imported 78 through to 82isch

Has anyone head this as i was under the impression that they were all called SSD's
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Registration was a mess early eighties at Ducati, so I think nobody knows the real figures, everybody is just guessing.....even the so called guru's like Falloon.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

martin
what stage is your 'project' at

steve
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Hi Steve

Well the SSD I have had all sorts of dramas from chromers , engine repairs ,paint and now I'm just kicking back and she will get done when everything is right,
The frame was beeded ,prepped and painted but only parts of the frame !!!!!!! in other words its going BACK to get done again , I'm not sure at this stage if the same painter is going to get the rest of the work or not at this stage.

The engine well lets just say , If you want something done right you are far better of doing it yourself LOL

At least all the chrome is now done and the way it should have been in the first place

My 2nd SSD landed at the docks yesterday and has already been cleared by customs , Monday I will get it and its by no means std I'm sure everyone here will remember the bike as soon as I will post some pictures of it :lol: :lol: :lol: it came with lots of goodies for my SSD ;) ;) ;) and its going to save me a load of time specially now that I dont have to do the wheels
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

hey martin
got my frame painted in adelaide by nigel morrell-took it in to him(he does bikes only)he had a couple of other duke frames in there so i thought id be ok.
he did frame and all other bits
he did a great job id definetly recomend him

got my forks etc done crinkle black by cpc-very close to original-good finish and only $35 for 4 pieces

ive sourced quite a few nos parts-expensive but original not repo

photos of progress next week

cheers steve

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”