Cylinder head oil channels

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Willemd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Cylinder head oil channels

Post by Willemd »

Hi, I took my Darmah cylinder heads off to fix some oil leaks and valve shimming. I noticed that the front cylinder to barrel connection has 1 small and 1 bigger bush between barrel and head, that's where the o-rings sit.

The rear/standing cylinder has 2 big bushes but nothing in the smaller oil channel? The Darmah Workshop Manual shows only 2 bushes on the barrel picture but in the specifications it states that needed are: 3 big bushes and 2 small ones! That means 1 big and 1 small one on the front, and 2 big and 1 small at the rear.

If that is correct, I am missing the small one.
Can anyone confirm?
Thank you
WillemD
Always wanted one, it's never too late!
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Yes you are correct,you seem to be missing one of the small dowels. Might just be the source of an oil leak too! It shouldn't be too difficult to locate or even make one if nessessary.
Willemd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Willemd »

Thanks Dietz,

Spent a couple of hours in the shed today and made a dowel from an old fence bolt, filing and sanding, good stuff!!
Another problem solved.
WillemD
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Willem, At the risk of being obvious,be sure and drill a hole through the middle as it is the oil feed for the cam.
Willemd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Willemd »

Good observation there, I left out "drilling". But thank you, better save then sorry!
:) Willem

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”