78 / 79 SS900 question

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

78 / 79 SS900 question

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Can someone please tell me when the Bosch ignition system came to the 900SS ? what did the 78 / 79 model have
stanley

Post by stanley »

'77 SD only, '78 SD, GTS & 900SS (750SS got them in '79 but very few were made).

Stan
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

specifically, the 900SS of 1979 got the BOSCH ignition, and so did all later ones. FYI all bevel drives and later pantah got those same BOSCH ignition inducers. You can see them hanging under the gas tank on each side, they have a small orange/yellow sticker that says BOSCH and a bunch of wires coming into it from the pickups and going to the coils. Real easy to spot.

the earlier 900SS all got the Ducati Electrotechnica [sp?] ignition, the ones with the 2 bright orange/red coil box thinigs.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

STEVE, can those bright orange red things be replaced with your dyna high performance ignition coils that are on my 860 gts, there on my mhr, it made a great difference, i have a set from your store sitting here just in case, they are the only thing that wasn,t renewed or replaced electrically when it was restored by previous owner, regards darren
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

yes
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”