removing clip ons

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
garryc
Parallel Twin

removing clip ons

Post by garryc »

I have a 78 Darmah with a set of clip ons on it which I want to remove. Any suggestions on how to go about it. Do I have to remove the front wheel, brakes mudgard and romove each fork leg in order to slide the clip on off. I want to put the original handlebar back on
thanks
garry
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Garry
I would have thought that loosening the upper and lower tipple clamps, then twisting the fork tube by hand would do the trick, if however they don't budge you might have to remove the wheel and the forks all together to make the job simpler
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

thanks Martin, Have tried loosening triple trees with no success, but will try your suggestion. Think I will need to make some of Steves timber bike stands the get the wheels off the ground though
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

why not park it up hill , center stand it with a cement bag over the seat , or get the miss's to sit on it same thing LOL

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”