V-Twin engine & clutch

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
hprice
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

V-Twin engine & clutch

Post by hprice »

Bevelheads,
I have just discovered your excellent site and reading about clutch pushrods prompts me to ask if anybody has had problems with, or found a cure for a 'sticky' clutch. Okay, I know you're all going to say I obviously don't ride it enough and I shouldn't just let it languish in the garage, but it's now got to the point where it will stick determinedly after just a day or two standing. The mule in question is a '79 SD, acquired in 1986 and which I have enjoyed, more or less, ever since. I did, in days of yore when parts came form the factory, replace the pushrod components and springs. The result seemed to be an even heavier clutch (damn cramp).
Very good site and gratifying to know others are afflicted! I'm just embarking on it's second overall (approx 40k mls) and am finding parts supply a very different matter from before, when 'Spares GB' sold eveything! Who can best supply these days??
Hugh Price
Darmah, XK120 and some Alfas

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”