What are these two hole for ??

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

What are these two hole for ??

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Hi Everyone

Well its been a full on week for me with the SSD now stripped down to the frame, found a few things interesting during the process,
I noticed that the SSD has no frame tag, you know the black Homologation plate that you see on some dukes. Can anyone tell me if they ever came out with these plates?
The other thing was where the frame number is stamped into the frame there are two holes, on my bike these had dummy bolts in them, what I want to know what goes on the inside of the frame? Air box mounting I thought as mine didnt have air boxes
and the biggest surprise of all hidden away stuck right up inside the whaletail wait for it some replacement Idiot light inserts!!!

What a week of fun I'm having cant wait to get all the gear ready for paint etc and then off cause comes the X mass break where no one works then January I dont have time for the Duke , due to work but after that , look out
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

H Martin, the 2 holes are for the starter motor relay. Someone must have done what I did years ago on my SSD, and moved the relay up and out of the way under the seat.......

Sounds like things are moving along nicely, have fun!
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Thanks Steve

You know I was nearly going to mig them up, but now that I know they are there for the relay I will leave them as they are , Yes the fun has well and truly started so to speak.

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”