generator indicator light fail

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
gadaleta
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

generator indicator light fail

Post by gadaleta »

hi all

recently riding all was fine until the generator light went off and so did the engine.
Any ideas?

Pushed my 81 mhr to the work shop check the pick up connection block and it all four cables came out of the block, i am assuming this may be one problem or is the generator light something different.?

have read some past forum information and now am worried about the polarity of the wiring, i have found the two pairs from the coil with a multimeter but the color codes are incorrect it has blue and black, greenyellow and white, does the polarity of each pick up matter?

thanks for your help if you can
David Frith
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by David Frith »

Hi

Sounds like it might be a problem in your ignition switch. My darmah stop dead recentley. After many head scratches I found there was no continuity between one of the ignition wires were it plugged into the back of the ignition and the contact inside. It all looked OK until you put a meter on it.

Regards
Dave
Dave F

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”