Bevel tubes ?

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Bevel tubes ?

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

I dont know what they are called but here is a pic, now if I wanted to get these re-chromed what is involved in removing these ?

DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Pull the head and the tube might come out with it. It's only held in place by o-rings. You can probably buy new ones for less than rechroming the old ones though... FWIW somebody already pulled that one apart at some point - the upper mount is on backwards.

Read up on the timing marks for your engine though, you have to keep track of that when you pull the heads. If you haven't got at least one decent service manual for the bike, don't start pulling it apart.
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

I agree, it is cheaper to purchase new and actually the Stainless steel repo's around are very good value.
Martin use the good OZ$$ exchange rate and look at Steves stock.
I put a set of SSteel in my 82MHR and you cant tell the difference and they look great.

Craigs comments on ensuring you keep the Bevel dot marks aligned is very true, I've been working on my dukes a long time and I recently caught myself out, its easy to do.
If removing both heads be very careful of these alignment marks, you end up with a big single otherwise when you attempt to fire!.

Good luck with the resto, you will find Steve and also John at Mdina Italia in England very helpful.
Mike Soderland at Gowanlochs in Sydney is also really a great source of info and parts.

Regards
Grant M
82 MHR and 78 900SS (and now a new 79 darmah project)
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

To true I have been looking at S/Steel bevel tubes that John has for sale and he is looking at a few other parts for me at the moment , I called in and spoke with Mike at gowans last week when I tried to get a color match on a new SSD tank he had in stock, only to find out that it had been repaired at some point so I couldn't go by that color. I phoned Dennis in the UK and he has just informed me that he has painted a test panel for me that he will be sending to me so all is seat now with the paint match and I also phoned Tony in SA he will be doing the seat work for me in the new year

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”