Oil leak from around neutral indicator cam shaft

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
machten
MHR / S2

Oil leak from around neutral indicator cam shaft

Post by machten »

My 78 Darmah has developed an oil leak around the shaft that the neutral indicator cam sits on.

From the manual it seems this shaft is an extension of the gear selector drum. Does this have a seal associated with it where it protrudes from the right hand side case, and if so can it be changed from outside the case by removing the cam? Please? Please?
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Yes there is a small seal behind the neutral cam. It is a 12x18 x3 seal.The Ducati number is 0224.02.604 Careful prying with a small screwdriver will remove it. I think the worst part will be loosening the setscrew holding the neutral cam. They can be obstinate little buggers.
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

That's good news wdietz186. I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks for the info, I'll chase up the seal. Hopefully the cam will cooperate, and it'll be a 10 minute job. (I probably shouldn't have said that.)

Kev
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Thanks to wdietz186 for the advice. For the first time ever on my Duc, it WAS a ten minute job! Leak fixed.

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”