750 GT oil filter

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
blue900desmo
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

750 GT oil filter

Post by blue900desmo »

I just purchased a 72 GT. Before I picked it up, the PO had changed the oil.
There is an oil leak around the plug on the right hand side case,the opposite end of the drain plug/filter.

I just wanted to check before removing it and re-installing it to fix the leak if I need to remove the drain plug/filter on the left side before removing the plug on the right side. Or anything else I should be aware of.

Thanks
Steve Miller
74Ducky
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 74Ducky »

Did you eventually get a resolution to your query?
I had some similar questions (and answers) regarding that drain plug on the right side of the engine. If you need to hash this about, Contact me off list if you wish.
[email protected]
Regards
74Ducky
jonduc74
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Oil Filter

Post by jonduc74 »

Hi I have found that it is not necessary to remove the right hand plug every time you change the oil. I would first recommend you remove both plugs “first” to be able to reseal the right hand plug with Dow Corning 100% silicone rubber sealant and “second” to view how the filter is fitted. Once you get a feel for how the filter is fitted the next time you have to change the oil you should be able to slide the filter in making sure you keep it very straight both up and down and side to side and you will feel the fitting at other end, then as long as the filter screws in by hand smoothly, it will be seated, if it binds, remove and try again. If you are not happy doing this you will have to remove the right hand side plug each time to view the seating from this side.
Hope this may be of some help
John

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”