Looking for 750GT Turn Signal Switch

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
thessler3
Mariana

Looking for 750GT Turn Signal Switch

Post by thessler3 »

My 1973 US model 750GT was purchased new by my brother and we have been pretty careful to maintain all the stock parts for all these years. The original turn signals were removed very early in life and I still have them in a box, along with the original air filters and a few other items that I upgraded like the coils. I am trying to return the bike to reasonably stock appearance and the original Aprilia turn signal switch, which mounted on the Lockheed brake master cylinder/lever assembly has disintegrated. The metal portions of the switch are fine, but the bakelite or plastic part fell apart. I have looked far and wide for a replacement switch. Anyone know of a source?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Looking for 750GT Turn Signal Switch

Post by BevHevSteve »

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Electrics ... o-APRILIA/

I think this is the left side only but not sure?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

I may be mistaken but didn't they use the Lucas switches like on Norton/Triumph? Some of those Lockheed master cylinders had housing with a lever and two buttons that screwed onto them. I know Laverda used the Lucas switches briefly in the early 70's. I imagine the Aprilla switch Steve has listed could be made to work.
thessler3
Mariana

Post by thessler3 »

The switch I am looking for is an Aprilia switch very similar to the one Steve sells for the left handlebar. However, it is not quite the same. It is rare because it came only on early US models. It has a three position lever, L, R and center(no connection) and a "kill button" which did nothing but short out the ignition. The Aprilia left handlebar switch has high/low beam (no center position) and horn button, so is very similar but not quite the same. My left side button still works. My brother removed the original turn signals shortly after he bought the GT back in 1973 and put them in a box, so the right-side switch never really got used. Not sure why it crapped out - maybe got brake fluid on it as the Lockheed master cylinder did weep a bit.

In my case, all the metal bits are still intact but the bakelite portion crumbled. Worst case, I will make a replacement out of plexiglass and glue in all the metal bits. Sounds like a winter project. Although I am a pretty good mechanic and good with electronics, fine handiwork like this is not my strength. I could never be a tool and die maker.
thessler3
Mariana

FYI Part numbers for Aprilia switches

Post by thessler3 »

I looked up the part numbers for the Aprilia switches. They are:

hi/lo beam/horn 0795.38.215

turn signal/kill 0795.38.210

I have both my switches off the bike and have replaced them with a functional aftermarket combined switch that works fine, but want to return the bike to stock appearance.

I will look to see if I could easily modify the bakelite portion of a new hi/lo beam switch to turn it in to a turn signal switch. Might be possible with a bit of finagling.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Guzzino.com list a three position switch that might work for you. It lacks the push button though. CEV8053 is their p/n
thessler3
Mariana

Post by thessler3 »

Thanks for the Guzzino switch info. I am only interested in finding a replacement turn signal switch that appears identical to the stock Aprilia switch. I have replaced the stock Aprilia switches with an aftermarket switch for the horn, headlight dip switch and turn signals. It works fine but I want to return the bike to very close to 100% original.

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”