Jumping out of fourth gear.

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
My750GT
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Jumping out of fourth gear.

Post by My750GT »

Guys and Gals,

Has anybody had the issue of gears dropping out? I have read else where that some people have had this problem with first but mine is with fourth. It happens under acceleration and also while cruising. It doesn't happen when going down the gears using compression braking. I'm guessing it is a worn part of the gearbox and that the fix is best left for a professional but I would like to know what is going on inside there.

Cheers,
'72ish 750 GT
Functional bitser
Western Australia
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: Jumping out of fourth gear.

Post by ducadini »

Check Bevelheaven, manuals index, 750 Gt and Sport spare parts, page CF.
While shifting from third to fourth, a gear (160.40)has to disengage the third gear (160.30), move about half an inch and engage fourth : coupling with out-shaft (300).
First check the nut (090) that holds the sprocket, if it's loose, this could have an influence on the 4th.
The out-shaft runs on needle bearings(320) ON the in-shaft, if those are shot, well, good luck.
If it's the out-shafts dogs that are worn, the ones on the coupled gear on the in-shaft (160.40) are usually also gone.
Good news is that nearly all bevel gearbox parts are interchangeable, no need to go and look for RC gearbox-gold.
Even new parts are available.
good luck
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”