Clutch noise

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
gabby
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Clutch noise

Post by gabby »

Hello all. I have a 750GT engine with clutch noise and hope someone can point me to a likely problem before I pull it apart. The clutch works perfectly but when I pull the lever in it's starting to make a bit of noise. My first thought was a thrust bearing or some such thing but on getting a manual out it doesn't seem to have one. It appears to me that the only bearing as such when the clutch is actuated is a pushrod ball. I can't work out what could be working loose if it's something else.
I suspect it's a common thing - any suggestions out there? It's not serously noisy yet but it's noticeable enough to start worrying about the old girl.
Cheers, gabby
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: Clutch noise

Post by wdietz186 »

Two things come to mind,first being the clutch pushrod[s] running dry and squeaking.Remove and grease.Second the clutch hub is coming loose,kind of a lowsort of rumble. disasemble and tighten.Not too difficult but you will need a way to hold the hub while you tighten it.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
gabby
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by gabby »

Thanks for that information Steve. Hopefully it's something simple so will pull it apart then and see what I find.

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”