Fuel Airlock????

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Bern
Parallel Twin

Fuel Airlock????

Post by Bern »

I have had a couple of incidents where I lose power. If I pull over I can notice that the fuel line to the rear cylinder is dry. If I simply tap the line the fuel starts to flow again. Is this probably just a sticky float? Or is there something else I should look at. Any suggestions would be welcome before I rebuild the carbs.
baddean
Parallel Twin

Re: Fuel Airlock????

Post by baddean »

Bern wrote:I have had a couple of incidents where I lose power. If I pull over I can notice that the fuel line to the rear cylinder is dry. If I simply tap the line the fuel starts to flow again. Is this probably just a sticky float? Or is there something else I should look at. Any suggestions would be welcome before I rebuild the carbs.
Hi Bern,
If you had a sticky float the fuel line would still have fuel in it and not be dry as you indicated. You just wouldn't get fuel into the carb float bowl.
If the line is dry as you say it probably is the fuel petcock. When you tap it it jars some debris loose from the intake to the petcock inside the fuel tank.
I would take the petcock off and see if it has debris blocking it.
Let us know how it goes.
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”