750 Workshop manual

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

750 Workshop manual

Post by Chris Bushell »

Guys,

I am hoping that someone on here may be able to help. My local Ducati dealer has just had delivered to them a very early 750GT on Amal carbs and steel inlet manifolds! Needless to say they haven't got any manuals!

I have lent them my parts manual off this site and the Haynes manual that I have, but we are worried that there may be differences.

As it hasn't run in years, the engine needs to come apart to be checked and cleaned out - can anyone help with a factory workshop[ manual?

Chris
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: 750 Workshop manual

Post by Craig in France »

Chris Bushell wrote:<snip> My local Ducati dealer has just had delivered to them a very early 750GT ..
Bet that surprised them! Maybe a Cucciolo next week...
Chris Bushell wrote: ... can anyone help with a factory workshop manual?
Hi Chris,

I've got a copy on a CD, but it's stored as 78 separate pages of HTML. Hopefully, I've just e-mailed it all to you ... :shock:

Ciao

Craig
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Chris,The factory manual is little more than a picture book showing Mr. Hands holding wrenches and giving order of assembly etc. It doesn't go into the specifics of setting up the bevel shimming other than saying the ground areas of the gearsets should match up evenly.I think the singles book provides that info in more depth[I haven't seen one in years].The majority of the bottom end is the same as the early sq. case and that manual is much more informative.
As for the carbs,The owners manual I have lists the AMAL jetting specs as
Right R930/76, atomizer 106,diffuser[slide?] 30,main jet 190, idle jet 25,and needle position 2nd notch.
The left carb is listed as a 930/77 with the same jetting

Hope this helps, Bill
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Bill,

Thanks for that, I will pass it on and then check whats in there.

Finally got Craigs HTML document, but I now have to insert the pictures on the pages!

Chris
dden
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by dden »

Would someone mind emailing me the manual? [email protected]

Thanks
Dan
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

Dan,

let them use the manual for the 860 (as found on Bevelheaven) for most of the bottom part, with the parts lists of 750 and 860 on the side to check for differences.
Shim the gearbox without the crankshaft so you can see what's happening.

Tricky bit is setting the lower bevels for the camshaft but the same method can be followed : be sure that the dots align and then check the surfaces that are grinded, you find them when you turn the engine a bit further or backwards.
These surfaces should be flat.
Remember that a bit loose is better then too tight.

THEN let them check the teeth align well with engineers blue as prscribed in the manuals.
No big deal, except most modern Ducati mechanics don't know what engineers blue is.

enjoy,
joseph
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”