Anyone seen these Aftermarket 750 rods?

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
machten
MHR / S2

Anyone seen these Aftermarket 750 rods?

Post by machten »

Hi,

Doing a rebuild on my 750 GT and when I pulled it apart, I found these con rods in it.

They are a lot like 750 super sport rods, although the webbing and big end to little end taper is ever so slightly different. They are machined, but not polished and have no makers identification on them. Is anyone aware who might be making these? The bike is an Australian bike.

Kev
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

They could be Staschel rods.They were made in Germany by a tuner/machinist who was I think endurance racing bevels. I had a set in my 900 until it broke a crankpin[no fault of the maker] and they were almost too pretty to install.Very high quality stuff.The people at Kamna might have info on them.IIRC Staschel died about 20 yrs.ago.
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

wdietz186,

Thanks for the info. I dunno what they are, and I guess I may never be sure, but they sure were pretty, and pushing a couple of nice condition Sport Mondials as well, which was all a fairly pleasant suprise inside a GT engine. Thanks (as always) for your response.

Kev
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

I should have said...

The bottom end and pistons were in real good shape. The liners got a flexihone, new moly rings on the pistons and the crank and assembly went back in the engine accompanied by mostly new bearings. Started first kick, not even a puff of smoke despite some lube down the pots. Now done 160km in the run in stage, and looking and sounding good!

Fingers crossed!!!
Pescara
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Pescara »

I bought a set like that from Ian Gowanloch about 10 years ago. These were for my Darmah, and I was offered the choice of two types - these were the more expensive of the two types. Who manufactured them I don't know.

Since the GT is in Australia, I would guess these rods came from the same source.
BEVEL DAVE
Diana

Post by BEVEL DAVE »

Yes, they would be a set from Gowie.
He has some more coming fairly soon also. They are a pretty thing to look at also.

Dave.

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”