Standard gear ratios for sprockets Help request.

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
mike75
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Standard gear ratios for sprockets Help request.

Post by mike75 »

I need a little help here, my chain took a dump friday night and it took out two teeth on my rear sprocket, In my haste to check the cases I pulled it down and pitched the sprocket and chain friday night without checking to see how many teeth the rear had. Now I am going to order one and have no clue what the stock size is. any help?
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Mike,

Have a look at the parts book on Steve's site, and also at the info he gives in the Sprockets & Chains section of his Shop.

Standard for the GT & Sport appears to have been 36, with 35, 37, 38 39 and 40 also available 'a richiesta'.

Kinda depends what kind of riding you do. Again, for more guidance, check Steve's site ... and then pay him back by buying from him :) .

HTH

Craig
mike75
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Thanks

Post by mike75 »

I wasn't sure if the small one was the correct one or not, it seemed a little vague on there, and you know the only reason I posted it up on here is because I am buying it from him, this is by far the best resource on the net for bevels!
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

Are we talking about a 750GT here? If so, the standard rear sprocket has 36 teeth. The SS has 40.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
mike75
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mike75 »

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

hey guys, sorry to be late to enter this discussion, I have the stock gearing for all bevel drives posted at the bottom of this page

http://www.bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-sprockets.htm

i would caution against using a 16T in the front due to space limitations. That said, a 16 wll most likely fit but it definately will NOT fit in the earliest sand case case roundcases and you must use a 15 tooth.

OK a 16/36 = 2.25

to get close to that using a 15 tooth sprocket you end up with 15/34.

I typically advise to add 2 teeth on the back to make things a bit faster off the line, so a 15/36 would give you 2.40 which I think is a good compromise.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
mike75
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mike75 »

So it actually turns out I still had the oe sprockets on there I dug out my rear one and it is a 36 tooth and front was a 16 tooth thanks again for all the help guys.

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”