Help needed to dismantle engine USA ASAP

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Help needed to dismantle engine USA ASAP

Post by Gum »

Gday to all, im in Tennessee and on my way to LAX via the Gulf, EG TX, AR and CA. Im in need of a shop or person that can pull my roundcase 750 flywheel off. Its apart but this needs a special tool, im hoping once this is off we have 32 KG. Any help please, inc what Dealers still do the old stuff as I need to ship this back to OZ. Thanks Gum. PS We can do NM if needed.

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Far out Gum you really are doing it hard way !
For only AU$900 you could have had the entire bike shipped in one piece and picked up at Port Botany ready to go , but at least this way you get to have a little fun before take her home

Good luck with it all
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Just to let you know that Steve should have a 750 flywheel puller shortly that he can sell you. They are being finalised at the moment and we could ship one to him in a couple of days. Contact Steve!

Chris
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Gum how long are you going to be in TN? and what part are you in?

IF you can pay the extra freight to LAX, there are several guys/dealers who have the tool in that area - my assumption is Los Angeles Calif - LAX Airport, right?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but the tool I used was a brass drift and a big hammer. One smack in the face and off it came.

Hey, it wasn't my idea, it worked with no damage, and you seem a little pressed for time...
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Done

Post by Gum »

Gday to all, Im in Baton Rough [ Louisiana ] now on the coast and its nice and warm for a change. Got it done at Bogart's, [ Alabama ] they were really great, got the Tyres removed, the flywheel removed and cracked the 3 big Allens on the case's. I think Im going to have to remove all the Bevels next as its not down to 32KGS yet. Still Im busy packing all the other bits at time. Thanks for all the replies and for the record, I ship a lot of bikes out of the USA and ???. It cost me over $900 AUD to ship a bike from anywhere in the USA to LAX, then at least $400 AUD to pack if its a LCL, then at least $2000 AUD for shipping inc all the costs, then 10% GST on a $40,000 bike is $4,000 AUD. So if you add that up its a long way from $900 AUD. I ship 10 at a time and that cost me $15,000 for a 20" and its full of cheap bikes. Thanks Gum
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Gum, at least when you get all the bits cleaned and put back together you will have one pristine original Sport 8)
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Gum I can give you Nick's number he is in Gosford and AU$900 included some boxes as well as the bike and import permit etc, GST you still have to pay no matter what anyway glad things are going well for you over there
Cheers Mate
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Gum, If you pull the bevels out of the cases be mindful of the shims they are very easy to lose or mix up. And they are on everything. Removing the bevel housings also requires a special puller to get them out of the cases.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Its Apart

Post by Gum »

Gday to all, well we split the cases this arvo. There is what is left of a cage in the crankcase, I think its off a main bearing. The rest looks good and its all cleaned up now. I hope I can buy new circlips for this thing as they are all toast now. Thanks Gum.

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”