New Member in NW

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Quicklimegirl
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New Member in NW

Post by Quicklimegirl »

Hello all,

I found this site by word of a local Ducati shop. I am in Washington State, I love vintage bikes and was mesmerized as a teen by the first 450R/T I saw.

Until now, I have been heavily involved with, and have a number of Yamaha 2-stroke twins (RD and RZ series) but recently heard of a 1974 450 R/T Desmo for sale locally. I know very little about Ducatis but am intrigued by the possibility of buying this. The current owner says it is a strong runner, I'm guessing it's now far from stock because he has done some type of Motard-type conversion to it-or so he says. I have no idea of how far from stock it is or the value, but after speaking to this website's owner he says I can't go wrong at his asking price of $1000 OBO. Here is a picture of the bike:

I wonder if I'm getting in over my head pursuing this.
I've never rebuilt a 4-stroke, let alone a Desmo, but if it runs good it doesn't seem like I'd need to anytime soon. What about valve adjustments on something this old?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Judy - WA State
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Judy, did you ever get this machine? If so, how is the project coming along? Jordan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”