Why I am Nostroke

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Nostroke
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Why I am Nostroke

Post by Nostroke »

Hi. My name is Ely and I'm an addict.

I just got an awesome 750 GT. It's a 73' that, 40 years ago, a friend hired me to put 32mm Dellortos on, replacing the Amal Concentrics. I also rebuilt the top ends, bore and valve seat work, and swapped the Lockheed grabbers out for Brembos way back then as it was the thing to do; all the buzz around the Rock Store and so on. Anyways, he gave me a good deal on it because I had skin in the game, having done that work on it back in the '80s. After a bit of fiddling around, it runs perfectly. What a sweet running twin! Now just waiting for dryer and warmer weather here in Southern Oregon.

I raced a 750 F1B in AMA Superbike for a few years back in the late '80s. I had some of Jimmy Adamo's Gia Co Moto goodies bolted on.

I qualified and finished the Daytona 200 in 1987 on a home built 73 Triumph 750 twin barn find. Qualified at 151 mph with no fairing.

I built a bike called the Duconda back in 1990 for Battle of the TWins at Daytona. I grafted two Honda HRC race barrels and heads onto an Alazurra bottom end donated by Pro Italia in LA . Long story.

I currently make one off race electric bikes at my shop in Southern Oregon, three so far, working on #4 now, called the LightFighter, that we race vs gas bikes in the US.

The addiction is eternal it seems. Get over it.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Why I am Nostroke

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard Ely. Feel free to post that photo you sent me of your bike and the other guys......
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”