Ducati Engine Serial Number Search

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Mayday1965
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ducati Engine Serial Number Search

Post by Mayday1965 »

Hey ya'll,

I am trying to find out some history on when my mid 60's Ducatis were shipped to the US and how they were originally configured. I cannot recall who, but someone told me if I reach out to Ducati they keep records on it, but I have not had success with that avenue. Any ideas on how to find out? I looked on this site already (http://bevelheaven.com/data-single.htm) and although it gave me some expectation of year/model, it does not give me picture I am looking for.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks,

Brian
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Ducati Engine Serial Number Search

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Brian,

A few thoughts, FWIW:

1. My starting point would be the information available in the published reference books, notably in Ian Falloon's various works (Ian being one of the few people who has actually looked at the original records, such as they are ...).

2. The data on Robert Miller's register at Bevel Heaven should be treated with a certain amount of caution. They haven't been 'cleaned' in any way, so errors of submission or entry get repeated, as do anomalies due to machine changes over the years, unofficial imports etc etc.

3. There's a wealth of knowledge over on the singles forum at Motoscrubs - altho' the site seems to be down at the mo'.

Good Luck!

Craig

Return to “Introduce Yourself”