Introduction

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
gt94stang
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Introduction

Post by gt94stang »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rob and I hail from Eastern Pennsylvania.
I have a nice collection of 50 motorcycles that I do all my own work and restorations on.
Reason I joined this group is just acquired a 1974 Ducati 750 GT to add to my collection.
IMG_1246 small.jpg
So far I have cleaned and synched the carbs, new plugs, changed oil, changed exhaust gaskets, replaced battery, and she fired right up and idled and ran nice. Took her out for a quick ride yesterday and she seems to be running great. Started doing some polishing of the chrome and aluminum bits. Need to get her some new tires before putting to many miles on as the ones on her now are cracking on the sidewalls. It's a shame as the tread is like brand new.

Hope you all enjoy.

Rob
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Introduction

Post by Craig in France »

Welcome to the Forum, Rob.

Looks like a very nice bike. But yeah - sounds like it's time to change the tires, tread or not :)

(10 years is normally considered the max. Go, for example, https://www.michelinman.com/US/en/help/ ... tires.html).

Ciao

Craig
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Great looking bike Rob. I know how you feel about the tyres; my 81 Hailwood Replica is wearing what looks like brand new Pirelli Phantoms but unfortunately they are about 32 years old so have to go and now I can't find the same.

Do you have other Ducatis in your collection?

Rick
gt94stang
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by gt94stang »

Hey Rick,

No, this is my first vintage Ducati for the collection. I had a nice 996 once, but hated that bike and sold it after only owning it for a year. Torture rack to ride unless you can do 100mph everywhere and never stop. LOL. I rode this particular GT years ago and fell in love with it and told the owner at the time (A close friend of mine) that if he ever wanted to sell it, I was to be given first chance at it. After years of patience, he finally decided to sell it as it hadn't been run in years, so I bought it. Have a few minor issues to work out yet, but I did get to take it on a nice, but cold, ride yesterday for a little. I still love it!

Rob
Speedrocker
Mariana

Post by Speedrocker »

Really nice GT, ..congrats to your patience ;-)
I like those old bevels a lot,...and this one looks great to me!
Have a lot of fun withit!
Cheers,
Joe
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Patience paid off - congrats and welcome to the forum
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”