Hi Ducatisti

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
phiba
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hi Ducatisti

Post by phiba »

Thank you for allowing me to join this fine group. I have been a Ducati fan since my early college days, when I rode my 250 Monza throughout the Berkeley hills and even a few times to San Francisco. What a blast! That bike, though complete and running when last assembled, is now in parts. The frame is repainted, the wheels rebuilt by Buchanan's, but the rest is sitting dormant awaiting my inspiration.

Then there is the '86 Cagiva Elefant 650 that I bought new from TT Motors in Berkeley (long out of business). I have had some fabulous times on that one, going on several camping trips in the Sierras and to the races at Laguna Seca. This bike is my favorite - comfortable, upright, and easy riding for long distances on today's bumpy highways. However, the Elefant is now needing repairs of cracked intake manifold rubber and a leaky brake cylinder.

Finally, a low mileage '94 916 sits under a cover in the back of my garage. Too much HP (for me), and gives me cramps every time I get on it, but absolutely lovely to look at and work on. And the sounds it produces are magnificent! If my wife would let me, I'd have it parked in our living room.

So there you have it. Really looking forward to participating here. I'll post some photos soon.
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: Hi Ducatisti

Post by ducadini »

Sadly those intakerubbers are getting scarce, even in europe.
Great bike though and with a few tweeks touring at +100 was possible, at least in the pre-radargundays :-D
Same problemen with the 916 : it begins to get comfortable to ride above legal speeds (except in Germany)
Welkome on the forum
Ciao
Ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri

Return to “Introduce Yourself”