new member, south-west British Columbia, Canada

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
81mhr900ss
750 GT

new member, south-west British Columbia, Canada

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Hi all: I grew up in Liverpool, England, my formative years being the 70's so life revolved around bikes, girls and rock music. At University my baby was a 74 GT860; it started as one of the ugliest machines Ducati ever made but by the time I finished with it, it was pretty sharp; all black, Darmah tank, a Hailwood-esque seat, 2-into-1 exhaust, lots of fun. Rear sets and clock plate made by me using dural plate. When I got a job and some real money, I added an 81 Laverda Formula Mirage to the mix and then an 81 Hailwood Replica. Only the Hailwood remains in my garage, unridden for way too long.

The early Hailwoods were a mixed bag; Ducati was rushing them out of the door selling everything it could make. Mine is an 80/81 mix; it's got the 2 piece fairing but no side panels, Contis, Gold line Brembos and black-painted front fork lowers. It used to get hot so I added a "half-flow" oil system and other goodies so it has an oil cooler (Kawasaki Z650), a spin-on oil filter assembly, ally bevel drive tubes and a turned ally breather stack tube and top. It's also gas-flowed and has higher comp pistons and bigger valves.

Very sadly (and ashamedly) I have not ridden the bike for over 20 years due to work, travel and other upsets. Recent changes mean I now have much more time to myself so my plan is to get on the road again. I look forward to participating in this forum.
Last edited by 81mhr900ss on Sun May 07, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: new member, sout-west British Columbia, Canada

Post by BevHevSteve »

time to get out and RIDE man.... :vroom:
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”