Hello from new member

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Poncho
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hello from new member

Post by Poncho »

Hi All
I am a long time Ducati Fan, live in North Carolina. Bought an 860 GT to restore. Sentimental I guess, the 860 GT was the first motorcycle I purchased new. I was going to buy a Honda 750 Super Sport on a Saturday in 1975. Had the money for the Honda in my pocket. I decided to stop by the local Ducati dealership on my way to the Honda shop just to take a look. I saw a black 860 GT and just had to have it. I did not have enough money to purchase the bike because it was more expensive than the Honda. I hurried home and collected all of my Series E savings bonds, cashed them in at the bank and purchased the 860 that day. Fourty one years later I have another one. I major issue I want to ask about but will save it for another post.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Hello from new member

Post by BevHevSteve »

welcome aboard, and, glad you finally got one of these bevel drives...
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Old905Duc
Mariana

Re: Hello from new member

Post by Old905Duc »

Hello Poncho,
I bought a new left-over 1975 Ducati 860GT in 1977. At that time I was also looking at the latest/greatest 750 Japanese sport bikes, but I decided on the Duc. A very good decision I think. I am still riding this bike today ..... with a few mods, and enjoying it very much. I have also owned many other motorcycles over the years, but this Ducati is my favorite. I have found this forum quite helpful when you have questions related to repairs or upgrades. So, use it to your advantage.

Happy riding :Uwin: .
Old905Duc

Return to “Introduce Yourself”