Greetings From San Jose CA, USA

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Old905Duc
Mariana

Greetings From San Jose CA, USA

Post by Old905Duc »

Hello All,
I just recently joined the forum, however I have enjoyed the Bevel Heaven site for many years (decades?)! I have been the happy owner of a 1975 Ducati 860 GT for 39 years. I purchased the bike as a new "left over" model in 1977. Since then I have ridden this bike all over the western United States, and as far north as Jasper National Park in Canada. The motorcycle is largely stock with the exception of 88mm Bracken pistons, Conti mufflers, Lucas Rita ignition, lower handle bars, new(er) paint, after-market rear spring/shocks, custom made fuse box, and bar-end mirrors. I also deleted a few items along the way like the original clunky air boxes, plastic Instrument panel, horn, and turn signals. Maybe the last two item were not too wise .... but I was young then. At this time I am going through a clutch upgrade from the early version clutch to the later design. This was motivated by a slipping clutch that I detected this summer. In addition to the Ducati I also have a 1974 850 Norton Commando and a 2009 Kawasaki 250 Ninja used by my son. The Ducati (of course) is my favorite and I intend to keep it forever!

I have attached two pictures of the Ducati and one picture of my motorcycle bay/man cave showing the Ducati partially disassembled for the clutch upgrade. I am looking forward to interchange with the forum as I complete the clutch upgrade as I have a few questions.

Take care and happy riding!
Old905Duc
Attachments
23537127263_17ef0ed600_m.jpg
23796085869_bbc5b544a4_m.jpg
24081302011_b282421512_m.jpg
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Greetings From San Jose CA, USA

Post by BevHevSteve »

welcome aboard