Another Hello from Scotland...

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Miti
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Another Hello from Scotland...

Post by Miti »

Hi Folks;

As is often the case, I've registered with this forum to gain access to technical info... :-D

More unusual is the bike I need the info on... Here she is:

1982 Hesketh V1000...

So, why join "Bevel Heaven"..? Well, some may already be aware that Lord Hesketh was so keen in his efforts to produce a "British Ducati" that he went right ahead and used a few Ducati parts - particuarly in the prototype phases... Not just Ducati parts either... There is a good mix of Laverda, Weslake, Triumph (bike and car parts), Suzuki, Honda and Ford in this bike... I've joined quite a few forums in an effort to get the right tech and spares info to support my own and other Hesketh owner's bikes... It's worked well so far and I hope you won't mind a "foreigner" coming along and picking your brains every now and then...

I've had the bike since 2011 - bought as a recent restoration (by parties unmentionable) I've had the engine apart a few times already and, most recently, completely overhauled the chassis too... I've pretty much got rid of all of the "restorer's" handywork (read 'damage') and the bike is running pretty well - but not 100% just yet... ;)

I'll add some info in my profile and join in with the chat on other boards... It'll be good to hear from you..

Miti
Last edited by Miti on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Mitchell
Scotland
'82 Hesketh V1000 (Pre-production Engine)
'80 XS1100 'Midnight Special'
'81 XS1100 'Sport' (Trike Project)
'85 XS1100 'Sport (RedSport Project)
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Another Hello from Scotland...

Post by BevHevSteve »

welcome aboard
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”