Greetings from Atlanta!

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
blaine.hale
Mariana

Greetings from Atlanta!

Post by blaine.hale »

Hey new friends,

I've been in the old motorcycle world for a little while, rebuilding BMWs, Bultacos and Hondas. This is my first foray into the italian stallions and I couldn't be more excited! I managed to pick up a running 1966 Monza for what I think to be an acceptable price. Engine is definitely solid. It starts in one kick, 2nd on a bad day. The main issue is that it's in "trials" trim. It looks to have an early 70s scramblers tank, early 70s scrambler forks (I was told they were Penton, I don't believe that) some weird seat that may be custom, a massive rear sprocket and 2 akront wheels laced up, the front being a 21 inch. It came with all the original Monza trim but that's all a bit rough.
My plans are not to restore this one. It will clean up really nicely so I just want to enjoy a summer single ride. What I do want to do is find an 18 inch Akront for the front, because I love Akronts and I want this to be a scrambler of sorts. That will significantly lower the front and make the bike look much much more even. My end goal is to have it looking like a 66/67 scrambler. I love that tank/seat/headlight bucket. I have 3 or so questions for ya'll if you more educated single guys don't mind answering!
-Where can I get that wonderful 66/67 solo scrambler seat? I'd even take a nasty one that I can re cover and re foam.
-What width is the stock front wheel? I'm guessing it's actually the same as the rear.
-What size and type Dellorto do people commonly slap on these gals? Is it the Dellorto VHB 26 FS? Where would I find jetting info for my engine and that carb?

Thanks for indulging me! Here's some pics taken with a potato in the dark.

VIN

BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Greetings from Atlanta!

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”