New Member from UK

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Samurai
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New Member from UK

Post by Samurai »

Hi, I've just joined so thought I'd introduce myself!

I'm Jason, AKA Samurai and live in Somerset, UK. I'm a long-time Ducatista and have just been given a wonderful present of a 1959 Ducati 175 TS by my loving and long-suffering wife :-D It completes my 'stable' of Dukes: Monster 600 Dark and 1994 900 SS Carby and now the 175 TS - if one can ever have too many bikes? :lol:

It's a half-finished restoration project (all the paintwork professionally done and some new parts) which I hope to have finished for my 50th birthday in three years or so, in order to compete in the Moto Giro d'Italia. I'm doing all the work myself including the engine which needs a complete strip/inspection. I'm used to working on belt-drive twins but have no experience of bevel-drive singles, so expect to be bugged by loads of daft questions when I get that far.

It's going to be a re-build in 'slow-time' due to finances, but the Moto Giro has been on my 'bucket list' for many years, so it's definitely going to happen for my 50th - so says my good lady!

My immediate problems are that the rear wheel spacer is missing, which from the parts manual I have, looks a little like the size and dimensions of the speedo drive. It says it's 15mm in width and holds a felt 'washer' to protect the rear wheel bearing.

I can get one made up locally, but if anybody has some photographs or more precise dimensions then I'd be really grateful. Same goes for the rear brake pedal spindle!

If anyone can advise on 'must have' special tools for the engine strip, I'd again be pleased to accept your collective wisdom -?- From what I can make out the flywheel puller is a 'must', clutch tool could be made out of several clutch plates welded together with a long handle, but don't have any ideas about the bevel-drive locking tools, bottom bevel drive puller, cam locking tools etc.?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: New Member from UK

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard - the TS sounds like a good project, the giro a good end point goal.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”