Cagiva owner looking for help !

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Cagiva Ed
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Cagiva owner looking for help !

Post by Cagiva Ed »

My name is ED , I am 57 and live in Wilmington Delaware . I have a 1986 Cagiva Alazzurra I bought new in 86.
It has always been garage kept and tagged and ridden 10 ta 15 times a year It has 1,670 miles on it. My dealer went by the wayside years ago. I have recently found someone to service my bike , shim the valves , change the belts etc. It does not have bevel drive , but have hope that the forum may have some suggestion for me. I am in need of the two preformed hoses that go from the carbs to the air filter/ air box, mine are cracked and dry rotted . Does anyone know where I might find these ? If not what should I replace the stock system with ?

I have had many bikes over the years . Presently besides my Duc I have a 1975 Ossa Endoro and a 1990 Yamaha TW 200 .
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Cagiva owner looking for help !

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Ed, welcome aboard, have you considered taking off the air boxes and using K&N filters directly on each carb?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Cagiva Ed
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Cagiva Ed »

Steve,
Would the carbs need adjustment if K&N
filters were used ? If caught in the rain how
do the K&N filters fair ?
Ed,
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Generally you will need to go up a size or two on the pilot jet and the main jet. They were jetted very lean as delivered but that doesn't mean it hasn't already been done by your dealer sometime in its life. The K&Ns do allow it to make a bit more power too. You might try ducpower.com for the stock filter hoses as Ed has lots of 650 stuff.
Cagiva Ed
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Cagiva Ed »

Thanks for the info and lead wdietz 186.
swooshdave
Diana

Post by swooshdave »

This is the most active group of Alazzurra owners I've found on the web.

I'm not sure if anyone still has the stock airbox on their bike. I think the filters are hard to find. Mine are in a box that came with the bike. There are individual filters on the carbs now.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Alazzurra/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”