Introduction Charlies Duck

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Charlies Duck
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Introduction Charlies Duck

Post by Charlies Duck »

Hi from Joe in NY. I was given a 1974 Ducati GT (750) from my friend Charles.I've been trying to learn about these bikes since then (15 years ago).Any info on these bikes would be greatly appreciated.
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Re: Introduction Charlies Duck

Post by Steve Foster »

G'day Joe,
Lucky you - great friend and great bike.
I was given a 1974 Ducati GT (750) ... been trying to learn about these bikes ....
A good starting point is Ian Falloon's book, "The Ducati 750 Bible". These are listed on eBay quite frequently at reasonable prices, and you'll also find copies if you search Amazon. You can download a copy of the owner's manual and the spare parts catalogue from the Bevel Heaven site - see the Technical Info section, Manuals Index (http://www.bevelheaven.com/manual-index.htm)

If you are thinking about a restoration project there are other good reference books such as Ian Falloon's "Ducati Twins Restoration Guide - Bevel Drive 1971-1985" (1998) and Mick Walker's "Ducati Twins Restoration" (1993), but you'll probably pay a small fortune for copies of these if they come up for sale.

Steve
1974 Ducati 750 GT
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

What's with the duck thing? Mine doesn't have feathers.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Charlie, welcome aboard. Got questions? Post them where they seem to fit, someone will help out I'm sure.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
radecal
Parallel Twin

Post by radecal »

abmartin wrote:What's with the duck thing? Mine doesn't have feathers.
G'day Bruce,
It is an American thing as we call them Dukes here in Oz. Think they call Guzzis "gooses' as well.
Both waterbirds but my Dukes definitely DON"T like water although my Guzzis seem to handle it!
Come to think of it, I hate wet weather riding these days. Must be getting old (or soft).
Regards,
RAD

Return to “Introduce Yourself”