parallel 500 twin

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
ducbock
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

parallel 500 twin

Post by ducbock »

hi greetings from wollongong australia(near sydney) my name is arie not a stranger to motor bikes as a boy i was able travel around the race circuits in holland with my dad &uncle (ned champ '57) who raced a ducati 125 desmo factory gr/prix bike with the full alloy bathtub fairing.i myself took up mx on a 360 husky.now in my latter years 68 now .i own a duc 350 vento ,some 350 swiss condors/a gilera 175 ,and just purchased a duc 500 gtl ( withdesmo head) by the looks of it not the best discision of my live.a well i like a challenge and maybe with the help of u guys i can do something with it .
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: parallel 500 twin

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome arie
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
radecal
Parallel Twin

Re: parallel 500 twin

Post by radecal »

G'day Arie,
Nothing wrong with Paralysed Twins! Just not appreciated by the unwashed masses as Dr. T had the twins going before L-twins arrived on the scene.
Probably the biggest Achilles heel is the cam plugs which had a habit of coming loose leading to a loss of oil pressure in the top end and resultant seizure hence the bad reputation. There have been a couple of very fast twins built and raced here in Oz so they have potential.
There is an easy fix for the problem and the rest is easy.
Welcome to the Paralysed Twin Club!!!!!!
Regards,
RAD

Return to “Introduce Yourself”