Reborn 900ss in Queensland

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
camacd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Reborn 900ss in Queensland

Post by camacd »

After 8 years in storage I have at last resuscitated my 1981 900 SS. I had to rebuild the brakes and it took me a fair while to diagnose the intermittent ignition problem, but she's on the road at last! I raced her in the 1990s in BEARS races at Lakeside, and she was my road bike for years, so its great to have her back again! I'm a bit rusty and it might take a while before I'm as smooth as I want to be in the twisties but I'm looking forward to doing some practice.
rwhc80
750 GT

Re: Reborn 900ss in Queensland

Post by rwhc80 »

Excellent news camacd,

Good to hear another one is back on the road !! Don't worry, you'll be back in the groove in no time ! It's just like riding a bike.
.......................Matter of fact, it's exactly like riding a bike !!!

Given her racing history, I assume it's not stock ???? Love to hear of any mods, and how you went when racing ??

Well done on the resurrection !!

Regards
Rick.
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard, glad another one is getting back out there....
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
camacd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by camacd »

Hey guys I've got around to replying. I haven't had much time to ride but last weekend I spent two days thrashing around the Sunshine Coast hinterland. It was the perfect riding weekend with a couple of mates on their new Triumphs. Weather perfect, roads dry and clean, and even though there was traffic we seemed the get clear runs on all the twisty bits. The BIBT ran like a Swiss watch, except for the odd missed gear on the downshift into 2nd (must figure out how to fix that one day). Bets of all NO COPS.
Rick not interesting race mods as she was still my road bike during the week when I was racing - I just used to take the lights of and race her as she was. I did put heavier clutch springs in and geared her a bit taller for the track. Oh and I had to customise the exhaust a bit so she wouldn't scrape.
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Well done Cam,

Even more trumps to you if you were out there racing on a Relatively stock SS, Sometimes it seems the fun factor has been overlooked in period racing !!

Great that your enjoying the old girl on the roads, well done !
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”