New Member - West Aussie in Washington DC

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Aussie_bikerBob
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New Member - West Aussie in Washington DC

Post by Aussie_bikerBob »

Hi- Just joined- I have a 750 Sport that I have pulled out of a shed and about to start working on. I will be looking to the world of bevel heads for help along the way!

History- Owned a 750GT bought from Stolaskys (?) in Perth 1974. Rode it all over Aust sold it in 1981. Was founding member of Club Derroes. Lasted 3 months, handed in my colours as I could see the path they were heading down!
Strayed from the rightous with a Kwaka 900 and Katana 1100 before leaving the West.
Moved to the Washington DC in 1984 bought a 750 sport (as all West Aussies seem to do - after reading other posts!) rode it for awhile until kids came along and stored it in a shed since 1988.

The project starts tomorrow with moving it out of the shed and into a workshop! look for a new thread, pictures and lots of questions.
1974 Ducati 750S
eternally_troubled
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by eternally_troubled »

good luck!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Let the fun begin.... Welcome to the forum
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Sumfun4me
Mariana

Re: New Member - West Aussie in Washington DC

Post by Sumfun4me »

Welcome aboard Bob. I remember old Ted Stolarski - he was a pretty cool old guy. He lent me a Moto Guzzi Daytona for a weekend once so that I could see if I wanted to buy one. At the time there weren't too many shops who'd give you a demo bike for the weekend! Where in WA are you from (I'm in Southern River myself)?
Clinton
Aussie_bikerBob
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hi Clinton

I 'm from north of the river, I lived in Balga, Scarborough and Subiaco. I miss the Wanneroo races, beaches and the windy roads thru the hill around Perth.
Do you have a bike?
1974 Ducati 750S
Sumfun4me
Mariana

Post by Sumfun4me »

I've just finished building my 2010 1198s Corse Special Edition - on top of the purchase I've dropped almost $38k into it. I also have a 1986 F1 that I'm restoring at present (this is a slow process though, as I'm working on an original concourse condition bike rebuild & it's hard to find a lot of the original part now).

Clinton
Aussie_bikerBob
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Both bikes are impressive. I find it hard to think of what I would have to buy to sinking that much money into a "new" bike- until I was reading about the 2012 bike Rossi will be riding!! Ah the days when you could wire up the nuts on your street bike and take it to the track!
1974 Ducati 750S
panama
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by panama »

Hey Biker Bob,
Ted Stolarski was a neet guy... I got my MG's from him at the Murray Street shop.
I have a 74 750 Sort as well.
Have Fun.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”