new bevel owner

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
caferacermike
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

new bevel owner

Post by caferacermike »

Got my hands on a single, finally.

I don't normally introduce myself to forums but this one is a little more specific than general forums. My name is Mike and I've been playing with bikes now for about 13 years. I hate my username but it's been the same since I got online for the first time about the same amount of years ago. Now it's a joke what with the new hipster movement and TV shows. I currently live in Austin Texas. I've got a mass of bikes tucked away from 50cc to 1000cc. The list of Ducs is my 06 Paul Smart and her pink Monster 600 and now my 250 scrambler. I've been sponsoring a motorcycle rally in the area for almost a decade that promotes a pediatric cancer foundation. Last year I donated a M750 as a raffle prize.

I picked up this little scrambler project for $1 a cc. Of course the engine is as stuck as can be. The bike is about 97% complete just missing a few little things. It will need a ton of work to make it right. The engine has been soaking for about a month now and still won't budge. Today I made a spark plug adapter to force grease into the motor with a grease gun. I think the piston moved but the kick start lever won't kick through.

I think I've sourced a piston and a sleeve for rebuilding the engine. The exhaust stub is broken and the previous owner got creative with drilling holes in the cooling fins and pulling the header up tight with springs, dirt bike style.

I can't decide if I should just get it running as is and keep it ugly or if I should do a restoration.

I will be looking for someone I can ship the lump to and get it back rebuilt and polished if I decide to restore it. I keep hearing I should send it to Syd's.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
geomoto
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by geomoto »

Syd's done me right on a motor I was having problems with.
George Patrick
906 226 6360

Return to “Introduce Yourself”