AT last

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
raptor
Mariana

AT last

Post by raptor »

:-D At long last my dear bevel headed friends the 350 runs . If you have been following you will now of my starting problems , I eventually took the bike to MR P Clatowitz ( clatti ) of Wakefield UK , the engine was found to contain a Triumph T140 high comp piston and a half race camshaft , = (the starting probs ),clatti machined the piston to lesson the comp ratio and fitted a thicker base `gasket` to further reduce the comp ratio .The Amal concentric was wrongly jetted also , I have since ridden 100 miles ( 3 outings to SQUIRES coffeee bar Sherburn ) and have been taken back to the `60`s, the left foot brake has nearly had me off but Iam learning , the clocks read 6000 rpm at 60mph is this correct ! it is very noisy and I am reluctant to rev it harder, I am used to a lazy 900sl. ANY advise please feel free .cioa Malcolm
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Hi raptor,I have not ridden a 350 but understand they are of similar performance to a 250 but wth more vibration and stomp, my 250 is great in the lanes and minor roads where it revs eagerly to 10000, cruising at 70 or 80 does not bother the bike but is wearing and unpleasant for me. I recall that my Mach1 in the old days was much smoother,even so the motor bolts used to loosen every few weeks, As a guess max power on your 350 should be at about 8000 which should equate to about 100 mph, check your sprocket sizes.Has the motor been balanced for the piston?. The brake on the left is anatomically correct ,any other way is wrong, blame the yanks for this stupidity. :lol:
raptor
Mariana

350 performance

Post by raptor »

Good morning ,the engine was dyno`d to 8300 producing 26 bhp before the power dropped` off`. The engine pulles strongly to 60 at 6000 I am not used to revy singles but I suppose I will get used to yhe noise , on the last trip back from `Squires` cafe at Sherburn the exhaust /engine note changed to a deeper note and I thought I had holed the exhaust ,but no ,my friend suggests it could be the engine bedding in !
But thank you for your illuminating reply Raptor
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

HI Raptor, at 6ooo the motor is just getting onto the cam, when its run in a bit more and you can give it some WOT you will be surprised how much fun 26 bhp can be in a big moped!!.
raptor
Mariana

350 above 6000

Post by raptor »

:-D Thank you bob norton ,I look forward to joining the ton up club ,there you go another expression from a time gone by . I would send a picture or two if I could work this out .P.S has anybody heard from fellow member WRINKLYGIT he seems to have dissapeared , thankyou Raptor
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

The ton up club, you don't know how right you are, In the mid 1960's i used to frequent all the popular haunts on a Dominator, and still am in contact with a few of the old warriors , some still ride daily .

Return to “Introduce Yourself”