72 350 Road in Chicago

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Separatist
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

72 350 Road in Chicago

Post by Separatist »

Hi all - I just picked up a 350 road last year, engine rebuilt by Malcolm Tunstall in Florida and the rest nicely rebuilt by the seller. I identify with the other folks who complain about difficulty/fear in kicking the thing over - I have uneven success myself. I'm also on the lookout for any advice on installing an electronic ignition. Cheers all.

BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Looks nice, thanks for posting. Front end off a ?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Separatist
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Separatist »

Sorry, just saw your question. NOS late 80s Honda, Nighthawk I think.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

yeah, looks honda, must be nice to actually be able to stop though....
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Separatist
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Separatist »

I'm not an originalist, I like having a disc and a shiny front end. Handles very nicely, the bike's a real tracker. Has an Amal carb, though, which I don't like. I feel like it runs just a touch unevenly at cruise, so next steps will be a better carb setup and hopefully an electronic ignition (if I can find one).
GT Pete
Diana

Post by GT Pete »

That one should have had electronic ignition stock. I have heard some complaints about them but mine works okay.

Pete
geomoto
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by geomoto »

When they went to electronic you have to have a good battery. Get a tender and use it. There is no excuse for it to hard start or kick back. Malcome did my 250 flat track motor, ditched the points. Stout motor.
I don't know where you are located but Syd's can help. I run the Amal just fine (for vintage racing) but they do have shortcomings. Are you aware of the Sudco/Mikuni carb's?
Geo
George Patrick
906 226 6360
jerry0503222
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jerry0503222 »

I'm not an originalist, I like having a disc and a shiny front end. Handles very nicely, the bike's a real tracker. Has an Amal carb, though, which I don't like. I feel like it runs just a touch unevenly at cruise, so next steps will be a better carb setup and hopefully an electronic ignition (if I can find one).
Oops sorry, I will not spam this forum with non related sales crap any further. [spam deleted by the site admin]

Return to “Introduce Yourself”