Hello from Australia

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Angry
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hello from Australia

Post by Angry »

Hi new member of bevel heaven although I have been using the site for ages now have decided to join. Thanks Steve for such a great site has helped on many occasions.
My ride is a 78 Darmah brought approx 2 years ago spent time sorting out the bugs. It was imported from Switzerland so she has some history which I have a small idea about.

You come to Australia you will find me cruising the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Favourite piece of road on the Sunshine Coast would have to be the road Between Bewhare and Peachester except its too short o yea then there is the road from the Mary river into Kenilworth. Too many good corners not enough time to right about them.
Dream is to ride the Darmah round Isle of Mann Trying to get some mates to committ to the trip now.

Regards Andrew
AKA Angry for reasons I dont Know
78 Darmah
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

where abouts on the coast?
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

G'Day Angry,
Another Aussie with a 78 Darmah I have just returned from my first but not last trip to the IOM. The best experience of my life although I only had hired a bike for a day while I was there. The mountain road was closed for most of the day on the day I had the bike so didn't even get to do a full lap of the course.
While I was there there was a group of Aussies from WA that had taken their classic bikes across and at the pre TT classic I met a guy from Condobolin that had taken his 350 Manx across to race.
During my 2 1/2 weeks on the island I saw only one bevel twin, a MHR. There were quite a few singles at the classic meet and also represented in the parade lap.
If you are after TT info have a look at the forum
http://www.iomtt.com/
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard and thanks for the kind words
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Angry
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Angry »

darren nix wrote:where abouts on the coast?
Hi live the bottom end of Sunshine coast Wamuran way
Regards
78 Darmah
DaleMclean
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by DaleMclean »

G'day Angry

Seems all us Aussies on here ride a '78 darmah _O-

we must all have taste :P
I survived :-)
Angry
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Angry »

I know its cool. I have searched for ages to find mine. Rode a lot of imitations in between but now as they say I am in Bevel Heaven
78 Darmah
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

G'day Angry and Dale,no not all ozzies on here ride Darmahs-in fact we refer to them as the "Black Plague".You can read about it here-
http://www.bevelheaven.com/~BB/phpBB2/v ... php?t=2038
And a Darmah imitation ?-some sort of Jap bike perhaps.
so much time--so little to say
sdprice50
Mariana

Post by sdprice50 »

Hi Andrew

I am fortunate to live on the Isle of Man and I do have a bevel (1979 GTS) along with a few other Ducatis. Along with a friend I run the local branch of the Ducati Owners Club here so if you ever get yourself organised feel free to PM me for any help I can give you.

I also belong to the local VMCC and met with a group of about 18 of your fellow countrymen that came over with their vintage bikes - it was great to meet them. I do have the email address of one of them so if you are interested in info about shipping your bike from Australia to Isle of Man let me know and I will pass his contact details to you.

Cheers

Steve
DUCATIS

160 Monza Junior
500 Sport Desmo
900GTS
600SL Pantah
750 Indiana
907ie
900SS
750 Lucky Explorer Elefant
ST4s

Others - 1927 Scott, 1950 Monet Goyon
Ducatiimola16
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Trip to the TT

Post by Ducatiimola16 »

G'day Andrew, Tony's my name. I was just reading about your possible? trip to the TT next year, mate you've got to do it. Me and a couple of mates are going over next year, It'll be our first trip and I gotta tell ya... were bloody pumped.
If you do talk a mate or two into going, give us a bell and we'll catch up over there for a couple.
Cheer's Tony

Return to “Introduce Yourself”