Hello from Spokane Washington

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
jengel451
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hello from Spokane Washington

Post by jengel451 »

I've owned a few Ducati's over the years, raced a 750 F1 (early alum tank) and a 900 SS/SP (002) and toured around on an ST4s for a bit as well.

I've had a few older bikes recently, CB and CL77's, CL72, SL90's etc.

My around town rig is a 63 VW bug with a 2.3L engine. ;-) Yes, I love air cooled 2 valvers!

Anyway, I found a couple rough ones, a 64 Mountaineer 90 and a 66 Monza Jr. Both were purchased from the original owner, both have been sitting in a barn since 72.

The mountaineer is VERY rough, it's been on it's side the whole time, and not in a good area of the barn. It's mostly there minuse the fan/cylinder shroud. Wheels are locked up, chain is solid as is the engine.

The Monza Jr, looks worse than it is me thinks. The engine is stuck, so it's now sitting with Mavel Mystery oil in the cylinder for the next month or so before I really try and get the piston moving. It's missing the coil and the square headlight housing was cracked and "fixed". it was also rattle canned blue before it was put into the barn. The seat, is in perfect shape though. woo hoo!

The idea is to start on the Monza and see if I can get her running, and maybe restore her. The 90.....not sure yet, but I like the look of it and for some reason, i'm more excited about it than the Monza, maybe because of the challenge, not sure.

Anyway, any help or information I can get here would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Jim
Jim Engel

63 VW Type 1
64 Mountaineer
66 Monza Jr
72 Z50a
09 R1
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

nice finds, how you took some photos of those bikes were they sat........ and will take photos along the way during their resurections... welcome aboard
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
jengel451
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jengel451 »

No pictures from the Barn, by the time I got there, it was already getting dark, we just wanted to get them out of there before someone stepped on a rusty nail or clothes lined themselves on some of the rusty wires strung about.

Jim Engel

63 VW Type 1
64 Mountaineer
66 Monza Jr
72 Z50a
09 R1
GT Pete
Diana

Post by GT Pete »

Hi Jim,

Looks like a couple of good projects. I don't often see people with the last name Engel. You are the second one I've come across this week, however.

Pete Engel

Return to “Introduce Yourself”